Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sickeningly Sweet

I've always loved shooting the natural expressions of children because they don't care that you're taking a picture; they only care about the good time they're having. There's no posing or artifice. Most of the time they're not even aware that a camera is there.

kids6

This is one that I shot and then painted




kids5

The little girl here is one of the most photogenic kids I've ever seen.



kids2

I've known this little one since she was a baby.



kids3



kids1

This boy was one of my friend's little brothers.



kids4



kids

Pure Happiness


kids

and a final color one that was belatedly added :))

3 comments:

  1. Gahh! I love them! My absolute favorite is the girl in front of the table. I love the angle, the darkness of the room, and her expression.

    You're right, children are good models because they don't try and look good. More often than not, when someone has a camera pointed towards them, they instantly 'smile pretty' and worry about looking good. That worrying is the photographer's job! X3

    BTW, I like your new header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! You should put up the super cute one of that girl with the balloon! X)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YEAHHHHHH!!! Almost forgot about her tragic cuteness.

    ReplyDelete