Friday, May 7, 2010

Colors of Spring Part two

I used more color edits for these images, but nothing is really changed. I wanted to show more images and colors for the "colors" part. Most were edited using this program called "Irfanview" which is mostly just used for image resizing. It's capabilities are limited but you can change the color effects, saturation, and sharpness and other basic stuff like that.


Photobucket

This was shot in my friend's neighborhood. I just changed saturation and contrast for this image to intensify the green and pink of the flowers. That day was really beautiful.



Photobucket

This was shot OUTSIDE of my friend's neighborhood, and the wind wouldn't stop blowing, so I was a little annoyed but I think that it gave the image more of a "nostalgic" view.


Photobucket

Someone in my neighborhood has a lighthouse on top of their mailbox, so I sneaked across the street and took this picture. I changed the image to sepia and it looks really nice because taking away the color gives it more of an old photograph feel.



Photobucket

This little bulldozer was on top of the sandbox at my church's playground and it just reminds of the days when I used to take off my shoes and just scrunch my toes in the sandbox.



Photobucket

This was shot way back in December at Savannah when my family went down to Savannah to look at the old buildings in Savannah. I love this crused building that looks as if it's about to fall apart.


Photobucket

Oops! Looks like I got a little offtopic of the "colors of spring" part. But anyway, this was another one shot way back in December. I was drinking this special tea that actually had the flowers as part of the tea and it would make this tea a yellowish color. I took the shot as the steam fogged my camera. It was a wonderfully good to drink and to look at.



Photobucket

This was part of the "Remember" photoalbum I had on facebook. I amped up the color of the flowers even more and increased the contrast. The paleness of my friend's skin is striking next to the intense pink of the flowers.



Photobucket

This is my friend again and this time, I changed the whole palette of the picture to blue which is one of my friend's favorite colors. The color of the mask is her most favorite.



Photobucket

This was a lamp? in my friend's house and I swapped the color palette for pinks and purples here. I love taking shots of shiny, reflective objects in the sun.



Photobucket

This as a birdhouse shot in my friend's neighborhood. It almost looks like it's in a magical forest.



Photobucket

This was a dish full of water in my friend's backyard. I intensified the greens and reflections in the water. I love these kinds of close up reflections of the water because the water diffuses the light and surroundings into a sort of visual mosaic that's always fun to look at.



Photobucket

The whites and beige colors of these pearls were changed to purple and I think it looks fun and gives traditional pearls a funky twist.



Peach blossom,spring

These were peach blossoms shot out in my backyard. They bloom in middle to late March every year and they fade away by the end of April. These were shot just as they were starting to bloom



sunset,spring

I will end with this image. These were sakura blossoms that were planted when my church as first being built. The sun was setting as this picture was taken and it was literally breathtaking because these blossoms were swaying in the wind.

This was an image heavy post and if it blew up your computers, then I'm sorry. I loved taking these images of flowers and other various subjects because I love the expressive color that evokes such a spectrum of responses from our minds.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, where do I start?? I love this so much. I don't even have a favorite because I like them all! But if I had to choose, hmm... The first picture, the picture of the water, and the one of the beads are my most favorites. I also like the one of me in the mask! X3

    Also, that last one is incredible. Is that the tree you planted for your mother? If so it really evokes a lot of emotion for me. If not it still evokes emotion! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Actually the last picture isn't the one planted for my mother, it's just one planted around the church grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I see. What kind of tree is your mom's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the same kind of tree but in a diff spot.

    ReplyDelete