Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Graves

Graveyards; are of course, places of rest for the deceased. One evening my friend and I decided to head out to a graveyard in the countryside. There was no one there and it was perfect for taking pictures of the gravestones. What made it even greater was that it was twilight (no pun intended), the perfect atmosphere for the photos.

We decided not to tread too much, and we ended up leaving when another car came in. I recently had someone in my family pass away and once we left the site, I remembered that we decided to scatter that relative's ashes to the wind; so that she may be all around us. I know that burial rituals and such are different for every family and religion. I can respect why someone would want their loved one buried, to become part of the earth, as opposed to scattered to the winds.



Not really a picture of the graves, but there was a really neat sunset as we were driving up.





Increased the contrast for dramatic effect. Not so realistic, however.




There were tons of graves of freemasons and their symbols.





I decided to just go natural with this one.





I used this effect called solarize and just increased the contrast and saturation.






This is one of the symbols of the freemasons.






An interesting angel. Increased contrast.






This is such a touching inscription






1 comment:

  1. The one you 'went natural' on is beautiful. I love a good sunset picture. Lately I've been obsessing with pictures of the sky, bringing my camera everywhere in case the sky looks nice.

    ReplyDelete